[SCI] Changes in SCI leadership of the Executive Committee

Sat Jun 9 14:08:19 EDT 2018

Greetings all,

Recently, I received and accepted the resignation of Anne Neikirk from her position as Executive Committee Chair for SCI. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Annie for her years of service to SCI in various capacities and to wish her well as she steps away from the EC at this time. I know this was a difficult decision for her and I look forward to her returning to serve SCI in some capacity in the future, when the time is right for her.

In accordance with our bylaws, the voting members of the Executive Committee (also known as the Board of Directors) have elected Carter Rice to replace her as Chair of the SCI Executive Committee. I hope you will all join me in welcoming him and wishing him much success as he takes on this important new position. I welcome his election and look forward to working with him.

SCI has been busy recently. We have successfully wrapped up submissions for the 2018 National Conference, the CD series, and the Journal of Scores. And we have an on-going call for our brand new jazz composition contest at New Music Engine<http://www.newmusicengine.org/> (deadline July 15). Please help us spread the word about this new opportunity.

Have a great summer!

=m.p.=

--
Mark Phillips
Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Music, Ohio University