[SCI] Winners of the SCI/ASCAP Commission Contest

Mon Jun 11 15:40:30 EDT 2018

I am pleased to announce the winners and honorable mentions in our 2018
SCI/ASCAP Student Commission Competition:

*High School/Undergraduate Division:*
*
*
*Winner: Matthew Schultheis, Chamber Concerto*
*Honorable Mention: Stephen Karukas, I am [electric]*
*
*
*Graduate Division:*
*
*
*Winner: Felipe Tovar-Henao, Danzas Encefalicas*
*Honorable Mention: Charles Peck, Vinyl*

There were many notable and worthy compositions amongst the 153 entries,
and I believe the 29 adjudicators found it both fascinating and
heartening to get up close and personal with what our younger composers
are creating.

Audio links for the four compositions receiving special recognition will
be posted on the SCI main page within the next couple of days:

http://www.societyofcomposers.org/ <http://www.societyofcomposers.org/>

Thank you to all the composers who entered the competition!

Zae Munn
SCI/ASCAP Commission Competition Coordinator
www.zaemunn.com <http://www.zaemunn.com/>