[scimembers] Call for Scores from PARMA

Fri May 18 23:59:21 EDT 2018

This call for scores just in from PARMA Recordings:

*2018 Spring Call for Scores*

**

*Spring has sprung and the momentum here at PARMA is really picking up
pace with an upcoming album release performance at Carnegie Hall this
weekend, China tours kicking off both this summer and early next year,
and our latest Call For Scores.*

*

We are currently accepting submissions for:

  *

    Piano trio, cello and piano, or solo cello with Trio Casals in
    Philadelphia

  *

    Solo flute; flute and electronics;  flute, cello, and piano; flute
    quartet; or flute with chamber ensemble in Columbus

  *

    Works for orchestra with or without soloists in Athens

Selected scores will be recorded and commercially released by PARMA.
Submitter is responsible for securing funds associated with the
production and retains all ownership of the master and underlying
composition.

If selected, submissions will be considered for live performance.
Accepted scores from previous calls are set to receive performances
later this year in Poland, Russia, Croatia, Austria, Czech Republic, the
United States, and more.

Deadline for all submissions is June 8, 2018. There is no fee to submit.

Upload PDF scores and audio files via our Project Submission form at

http://bit.ly/callforSCORES

Should your music be selected we will contact you with information on
pricing, scheduling, and other details.

1. WORKS FOR PIANO TRIO - Philadelphia, PA, USA

New works for piano trio or subset with cello (solo cello, cello and
piano, or cello and violin) are being recorded in Pennsylvania for a new
album with cellist Ovidiu Marinescu <http://www.marinescu.com/>and Trio
Casals <https://www.facebook.com/events/1805768936391598/>. In addition
to the recording, the program will be performed at the prestigious Weill
Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall in New York.

Since making a highly-acclaimed debut at the 1996 edition of the Pablo
Casals Festival in Puerto Rico, Trio Casals has delighted audiences with
spectacular virtuosity, engaging enthusiasm, and exquisite musical
elegance. Notable performances include tours of China and Romania, as
well as recitals at Weill Recital Hall, Rachmaninov Hall of the Moscow
Conservatory, Holywell Room in Oxford, England, and the Academy of Music
in Philadelphia.

Works selected for this album will be programmed for the fifth
installment of Navona Records' MOTO series, following 2013's MOTO
PERPETUO, 2015's MOTO CONTINUO
<http://www.navonarecords.com/catalog/nv6003/>, this year's MOTO BELLO
<http://www.navonarecords.com/catalog/nv6156/>, and next year's fourth
installment, currently in production.

MOTO BELLO's Weill Recital Hall performance will be taking place this
weekend: www.carnegiehall.org/Calendar/2018/05/19/TRIO-CASALS-0800PM
<http://www.carnegiehall.org/Calendar/2018/05/19/TRIO-CASALS-0800PM>

2. WORKS FOR FLUTE - Columbus, OH

PARMA is excited to be working with Lindsey Goodman
<https://www.lindseygoodman.com/>on this ‘all things flute’ project,
which may include works for solo flute, flute/electronics,
flute/cello/piano, flute quartet, or flute w/ chamber ensemble. Our
collaboration with Lindsey started with her performance on TOMORROW’S
AIR <http://www.navonarecords.com/catalog/nv6108/> on Navona Records,
and most recently she released a full album of works called RETURNING TO
HEIGHTS UNSEEN <http://www.navonarecords.com/catalog/nv6149/>.
Cinemusical praised the album, saying, “Lindsey Goodman’s performances
here are all a composer of new work would hope.  She has a rich tone and
breath control that allows for these often interesting bends in sound as
required by this music. But further, her own dedication to the music
itself ends up adding a compelling quality to the different works here.”

Lindsey is an avid performer of new music and strong advocate for
emerging composers and electroacoustic, interdisciplinary and multimedia
works. As an active commissioner of new works with over one hundred
world premieres to her credit, Lindsey’s versatility as a soloist,
chamber collaborator, orchestral musician, recording artist, teacher,
and clinician, shows through her performances with her various ensembles
including Assem3ly <https://www.facebook.com/assem3ly/>, a flute,
percussion and piano trio, PANdemonium 4, a flute quartet, and Leviathan
Trio <https://www.facebook.com/LeviathanTrio/?fref=mentions>, a flute,
cello and piano trio who will be performing in the first PARMA China
tour
<https://parmarecordings-news.com/parma-brings-new-classical-music-to-china/>this
summer!

3. WORKS FOR ORCHESTRA – Athens, Greece

PARMA’s orchestral network continues to expand across the globe, and
we’re currently accepting submissions to be among the first to record
with one of our newest orchestral partners.

We were excited to welcome award-winning Zagreb-based conductor Miran
Vaupotić to the PARMA team earlier this year (read more about Miran here
<https://parmarecordings-news.com/parma-welcomes-award-winning-conductor-miran-vaupotic-to-the-team-as-project-director/>).
Along with his numerous contributions to the studio and our concert
programs, Miran has helped to establish connections to many new
ensembles including the prestigious Athens Philharmonia Orchestra
<http://www.apho.gr/about/>.

Founded in November 2016, the APO features some of the top players in
the Mediterranean. The ensemble’s adventurous concert programs feature
works from the international repertoire which are not widely known to
the public along with a focus on modern Greek composers. Many of the
works performed by the orchestra are world premieres.

We are seeking works for orchestra, with or without soloists, for an
album of contemporary orchestral music to be aggressively promoted for
concert placement, reviews, and radio play. All works recorded with the
orchestra will also be considered for concert programming during the
APO’s regular season.

GUIDELINESPlease submit PDF scores and corresponding MIDI files via our
Project Submission Form: http://bit.ly/callforSCORES

Ideal works will be between 5 and 15 minutes in length, but pieces
outside of that range will still be considered.We will confirm receipt
of all materials and then work with the performers and our Sessions,
Audio, and A&R Teams to select pieces that could fit these open
projects. Should your music be selected, we will contact you with more
information on pricing, scheduling, and other details.Composers'
attendance at their sessions is strongly encouraged, in person or
remotely via ISDN line.

We look forward to receiving your score!

*