[scimembers] Performance announcement

Thu Nov 8 12:17:15 EST 2018

HI all,

I have an upcoming premiere I’d like to announce:

My orchestral work THOUSAND MILE SUITE is going to be premiered by the San Fernando Valley Symphony under James Domine on Saturday night, November 24th in Los Angeles (well, Calabasas, actually).

Here are the details:

Saturday evening, November 24th

8:00 PM

Calabasas Performing Arts Education Center

22855 West Mulholland Hwy

Calabasas  CA  91302

You can get tickets via the orchestra website   https://www.sfvsymphony.com/index/

Or contact me off-list for more info.

Also on the program are PERSEPOLIS BAZAAR by my friend and colleague, Charles Fernandez, SOLILOQUY by James Domine, and the Sibelius Violin Concerto as performed by Aubree Oliverson.  Aubree is a Robert Lipsett student at the Colburn School, and is definitely on her way to the top – a spectacular player.

THOUSAND MILE SUITE is a six-movement work (my largest to date), influenced by the great orchestral suites of the past, like THE PLANETS, CARNIVAL OF THE ANIMALS or PICTURES AT AN EXHIBITION.  (Filtered, of course, through my own tastes and tendencies).

If you’re local to the LA area, I’d love to see you out there.

Best,

Larry Tuttle

Composer

http://larrytuttle.com