[scimembers] Tenure Track Position in Musicology
SCI Members Mailing List
scimembers at societyofcomposers.org
Thu Oct 4 09:04:48 EDT 2018
Dear SCI Colleagues,
The University of Texas at Arlington is searching for a Tenure-Track professor in Musicology/Music History. Please share widely, especially with your colleagues who teach in this area who may have current or former students who might be interested. Below is some pertinent info. Folks may contact Dr. Graham Hunt, chair of the search committee, with any questions – gghunt at uta.edu<mailto:gghunt at uta.edu>.
Complete details, and application instructions, are here: https://uta.peopleadmin.com/postings/7278
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Teach courses in music history, music literature, and related areas at the undergraduate and graduate levels
• Engage in focused and significant research that leads to substantive and multiple publications in top tier national journals with high scholarly impact in the candidate’s area of specialization.
• Contribute to the growth and development of the Department of Music, the College of Liberal Arts, the University, and the profession through participation in committees, departmental activities, and other service
• Other duties may be assigned based on the candidate’s qualifications and the needs of the department
• Ph.D. or equivalent in Musicology, Music History, or a related field by time of appointment
• Preferred research specialties include music and its relationship to film and the stage; ethnomusicology; the study of music and arts economies and how they interact with the private and public sectors; or ludomusicology. Other musicology research agendas pertaining to the four pillars of the University’s Strategic Plan (Health and the Human Condition, Sustainable Urban Communities, Global Environmental Impact, and Data-Driven Discovery) are also encouraged and welcomed.
• Demonstrated record of excellence, or evidence for potential excellence, in teaching music history at the graduate and undergraduate levels
• Demonstrated record of publication or evidence of potential for substantial scholarly research
Chair, Department of Music
Professor of Music
cavanagh at uta.edu<mailto:cavanagh at uta.edu>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the scimembers