[scimembers] CD release concert Chicago

Mon Oct 8 10:15:44 EDT 2018

Hello friends,

I wanted to invite you to a big CD release concert I have coming up at the Fulton Street Collective, Sunday 10/14 at 3PM: 1821 W Hubbard St, Suite 301 (West loop)/Chicago. The album, titled “Solo!”, consists of music performed by the Kaia String Quartet, Gillespie Chamber Quartet, Barkada Saxophone Quartet and many others. It’s a selection of my chamber music that has been featured on WFMT, Ear Taxi Festival, North American Saxophone Alliance Conference and other venues. My group along with the Lakeshore Rush Ensemble will be playing works from the album and other music by me, Slava Kazykin and David Lang. $15 includes CD or $10 without. There is a bar. I would love to see you out for this one! David DeBoor Canfield from Fanfare Magazine described the album as "Work that packs a sultry sort of wallop;" "Gillespie writes with a distinctive, individual compositional voice;" "Strongly recommended."

Sample the first track here or at the preview link below: Zorn I
About Lakeshore Rush: http://www.lakeshorerush.com/

Preorder link:https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GVXD66D

Full review: http://fanfarearchive.com/ntbm/articles/gillespie-canfield.html
http://www.amosgillespie.com/recordings/solo-chamber-music-album/