[scimembers] 2019 Miami International Guitar Festival Composition Competition
SCI Members Mailing List
scimembers at societyofcomposers.org
Mon Oct 8 15:53:11 EDT 2018
Dear fellow composers,
Please see below. I hope that you will consider submitting your work. More information is available at the festival web page.
All the best,
Orlando Jacinto Garcia
2019 MIGF COMPOSITION COMPETITION
The MIGF composition competition will be presided by the extraordinary composer Orlando Jacinto Garcia (FIU) and joined by two other distinguished judges: the award-winning composer Carlos Rafael Rivera (University of Miami) and the Fulbright scholar/composer Jacob Sudol (FIU). The competition welcomes composers to submit new guitar compositions for solo guitar (with or without electronics).
• Open to composers of all nationalities and ages.
• Compositions submitted must be written for solo guitar.
• Compositions must be written for the six-stringed classical guitar.
• Alternate tunings are acceptable.
• Fixed media and/or live electronics may be included.
• Compositions submitted must be in a duration of no more than 15 minutes (10 minutes or less preferred)
• Composers may submit multiple works.
• Compositions submitted must be unpublished and should not have been previously awarded.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2019.
Application Fee: $15 for each work. Multiple works may be submitted.
1. First, complete online payment through ticket solutions at this link here<https://www.vendini.com/ticket-software.html?t=tix&e=5d69244202e38ddc649fa689f3cf9437>. After completing payment, you will be provided an "order number". Please make a pdf copy of your payment receipt “Print at Home”.
2. Download and fill out the application form<http://migf.fiu.edu/2019/wp-content/uploads/sites/12/2018/09/MIGF_Composition_Submission_2019.pdf> (PDF). Please enter the “order number” obtained through the above process in the appropriate field of the form. This will provide proof of payment. The application form is a fillable pdf that may be filled out on the computer or printed and filled out manually. Either way, it must be printed and signed before submitting via email in the next step.
3. Please submit the following materials along with the completed application form (PDF) via email with attachments to mozgen at fiu.com. The subject line of the email should read “MIGF Composition Competition 2019” followed by your full name.
• Score of the submitted work in PDF format. All pages of the pdf should be anonymous (without the real name of the composer) and the first page of score (and parts) should be labeled with a pseudonym (nickname), title of the work, and date of composition only.
• If the composition includes electronics, provide the tape or maxpat file or a website link for the fixed media (if any).
• If available, a recording of the submitted work in mp3 audio file format is recommended (MIDI is acceptable). [MAKE SURE THE MP3 FILE IS ANONYMOUS AND DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION ABOUT THE COMPOSER AND PERFORMER!]
• Completed application form (PDF).
• PDF copy of your payment receipt “Print at Home”.
• One winner and one honorable mention will be selected.
• The winner will receive $500 cash prize.*
• The winning composition will be performed at MIGF 2020. The winner and honorable mention will receive a free festival pass for all events.
• Judges have the right to award all or some of the prizes or none.
• Winning compositions will be announced on the last day of the festival, February 24, 2019, and posted online at migf.fiu.edu/news<http://migf.fiu.edu/news> as well as facebook.com/migf.fiu.edu<http://facebook.com/migf.fiu.edu>
*Per U.S. IRS regulations, prizes may be subject to 30% federal tax withholding for foreign prize-winners. U.S. prize-winners will be issued an IRS-1099 Form.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the scimembers